Consumer Terms and Conditions
- Advance payment is required to confirm a customer booking through our website.
- Any variation, cancellation or waiver of the booking can be made by request to customer service at the email provided up to 24 hours ahead your appointment. In this event, a full refund will be issued. Cancellations within 24 hours are non-refundable.
- RTP Testing shall process all tests in accordance with the Manufacturer’s Instructions for Use and where required RTP Testing shall report test results to the relevant health authority as per the Infectious Disease Regulations, in this case the HSE.
- All tests carried out by RTP Testing are screening tests and not clinical diagnostic tests. Under no circumstances should clinical decisions be solely made as a result of test results that are derived from tests processed by RTP Testing.
- The test may not always give a clear ‘Detected’ or ‘Not Detected’ result and interpretation is required to determine the presence of SARS-CoV-2 the virus that causes Covid-19. This may be due to (1) an Unclear or indeterminate result or (2) an invalid or inhibitory result. If you get an unclear / indeterminate result you will be contacted by the lab to arrange for a retest 24-48 hours after your initial test. For the avoidance of doubt all retests are treated as a new test.
- For group bookings, a no show cannot be refunded as stated earlier.
- RTP Testing endeavours to deliver the test results in the time defined ie. 4-8 hours for Antigen testing and 24 hours for PCR. However, in certain circumstances a retest may be required as stated above in which case the time may exceed and it is not the liability of RTP Testing.
- All results and data provided by the Test results are for informational purposes only.
- Testing for the presence of SARS-CoV-2 RNA is technically challenging and relies on the quality of the sample collection and the appropriate transportation and processing of the test, hence the test results will not always be 100% reliable.
- A negative (not detected) test result does not exclude infection and you must continue to follow current health guidelines by the Regulatory Authorities.
- A positive test result of an individual will be reported to the HSE as per the Infectious Disease Guidelines.
- RTP Testing assures you that patient confidentiality will be maintained, and the EU GDPR regulations will be adhered to, to the effect that all RTP Testing employees have signed policies for the same.
- RTP Testing shall not in any circumstances whatsoever (whether by reason of negligence, breach of contract, misrepresentation or otherwise) be liable for any economic loss, damage or expense, whether direct, indirect or consequential (including, without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, loss of profits, business interruption, loss of goodwill or reputation) arising out of or in any way connected with the delivery and/or sale and/or use of the Service whether by the Users/Patients or by any third party.
- In no event RTP Testing shall be liable for any direct, indirect, consequential or incidental damages, including loss of profits, or for any claim by any third party, arising out of the use, the results of use or the inability to use the Tests by the User/Patient.
- Nothing in this clause shall be taken to limit or restrict RTP Testing’s liability (i) for personal injury or death resulting from the negligence of RTP Testing, its employees and agents; or (ii) for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or for any other matter for which it would be illegal for RTP Testing to exclude, limit or attempt to exclude or limit its liability.
- The total aggregate liability of RTP Testing howsoever arising in connection with any Confirmed Booking/Payment whether for negligence or breach of terms or otherwise shall in no event exceed the value of the Services sold by RTP Testing.
- Users/Patients agree to indemnify and hold RTP Testing harmless from and against any claims, costs, expenses, and damage arising out of the abnormal or improper use, misuse or neglect of the service or any breach of these terms and conditions or default on the part of the user/patient.
- Publicity and Announcements: From the date of the Confirmed Booking and unless specifically prohibited in the booking, then the Client may publicly refer to RTP Testing as a service provider.
- Indemnity: Users/Patients shall fully indemnify and hold each other and the officers, directors and employees of the same harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses (including reasonable legal fees and related costs) arising out of the breach of any representation, warranty, agreement or undertaking made by the indemnifying Party in this Agreement.
- Non-Partnership: Nothing contained herein shall be deemed to create, and RTP Testing and User/Patient do not intend to create, any relationship of agency or other fiduciary relationship, partnership or joint venture, nor shall any similar relationship be deemed to exist between RTP Testing and User/Patient other than the relationship expressly provided in these terms. This applies notwithstanding any title that may be given to RTP Testing in its performance of the Services.
- Entire TnC: These terms represent the entire understanding, and constitute the whole agreement, in relation to the subject matter, between the parties with respect thereto and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing excludes any warranty, condition or other undertaking implied at law or by custom. Each Party confirms that, except as provided in this Agreement and without prejudice to any liability for fraudulent misrepresentation, no Party has relied on any representation or warranty or undertaking which is not contained in this Agreement or any document referred to in it or which was made by any other party who is not a party to this Agreement and no Party shall have any remedy in respect of misrepresentation or untrue statement made by any other party unless and to the extent that a claim lies under this Agreement.
- Third Party Rights: The Parties do not intend that any terms of this Agreement should be enforceable, under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999, by any person who is not a party hereto, nor is any term intended to confer any benefit on any third party (whether referred to herein by name, class, description or otherwise).
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction: This Agreement (including any non-contractual matters and obligations) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Irish law and the Parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish Courts in respect of any dispute arising under or in connection with this Agreement. The terms for patient consent are available in the RTP Testing Clinic.